The American Gazette

Commonsense political and social commentary from "Flyover Country"

Name:
Location: Rural Michigan, United States

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

John Kerry, hellava deer hunter

From an interview in Field and Stream.

F&S: What's the biggest deer you ever killed?
Kerry: Probably an 8-pointer, something like that. Nothing terribly big...I once had an incredible encounter with the most enormous buck - I don't know, 16 points or something. It was just huge. And I failed to pull the trigger at the right moment. I was hunting down in Massachusetts, on the Cape.

Personally I find it difficult to believe there are deer that big on Cape Cod, but giving Kerry the benefit of the doubt I would guess he missed that deer of a lifetime because he was belling crawling to hunt deer instead of pushing deer like a normal hunter.

Quote from July 4.

He was asked in the interview Sunday what kind of hunting he preferred.
"Probably I'd have to say deer. It's tough, depending on where you are," said Kerry.
"I go out with my trusty 12-gauge double-barrel, crawl around on my stomach. I track and move and decoy and play games and try to outsmart them. You know, you kind of play the wind. That's hunting," said Kerry, whose manner was relaxed as he spoke on the final day of an excursion along the scenic upper Mississippi that he seemed to take some relish in.

BWahhh!
Red

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home